The mighty and venerable residential and commercial building of the Gautschi family of cotton manufacturers dates back to 1812. It is a listed building and has been developed into a public centre with regional impact.
The new use of the building includes a kindergarten, commercial space and five individually designed rental flats. The intervention took place in close cooperation with the cantonal monument preservation office. The result is a bijou of a high aesthetic and monument preservation standard.